I am a positive person. Just that sentence is positive in itself. In truth I have always been more positive than negative. What does it mean though? To live a life where you always strive to see the glass or mug half full? Does it mean that I never have bad days? Not at all. Does it mean that I don’t experience the dark moments like everyone else and wonder why bother? No it doesn’t mean that either.
For me I do experience the negative things in life but I choose not to swim in them. I choose not to ruminate on the bad experiences. I choose to flip them over and see the better things. In that small word called a ” choice” there is so much power. I experience the negativity and meet people who dwell there all the time. I choose not to surround myself with people who are negative.
When I was much younger I was always told that I saw the world in rose colored glasses and that it wasn’t always as pretty as I thought. I disagree. I know how the world is, how life is, but again I choose to see it in a better way. To live it in a better way. We all have the choice to do that. So how do we do it?
It’s starts with small things. These are a few I do for myself to keep my glass or mug half full.
- Find your inner Jedi- I know, I know your probably smiling at this one but I love Star Wars and at a young age I really got the Force-to me it translated to being positive or negative in your life and how it will affect the outcome. I love that I have tapped into the Force. It’s pretty cool.
- Appreciating what you have.
- Knowing that you can’t control what happens but you can control how you react to things.
- Gain knowledge, read books, surround yourself with positive influences. I was told about a book called The Secret a few years ago and while I never read it I was so excited to learn that it was about the way I choose to live my life.
- Listen to music that makes you feel good when your down.
- Write positive affirmations about yourself and put them where you can see them.
- Adopt an Attitude of Gratitude
- Smile-You know your never fully dressed without a smile! ( Thanks Annie)
- Do something nice for someone, make someone smile and feel good.
- Talk and laugh with a friend, laughter is the best medicine
We can all use a little positivity. It’s there you just have to tap into it. How do you stay positive?
I’ll leave you with a favorite of mine. Enjoy and Accentuate the Positive…..