If you like Piña Colada…well you know the song, except there is no getting caught in the rain. Instead it’s a Paleo Piña Colada Smoothie and a Quesada Burritos giveaway for Cinco De Mayo! I’ve had Piña Colada’s before with rum but now I don’t drink alcohol; unless it’s the occasional glass of red wine. The real Piña Colada has rum in it. The rest is pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and ice, blended all together and garnished with a fresh pineapple wedge.
My version is pretty simple and has a little twist. I make used my own home made coconut milk and added two frozen bananas, some fresh pineapple, and some vanilla bean. I added all the ingredients to my Vitamix, gave it a quick blend and it was done. It was positively delicious. The kids wanted a little more sweetness so I added some fresh organic strawberries, turning my Piña Colada Smoothie a little pinker. It’s definitely a thumb’s up recipe from all four kids.
The other thing my kids give thumbs up for is of course Quesada Burritos and Tacos. I did a review of the #QuesadaHomeEdition Taco Kit back in November when it launched, my kids loved the concept and the fact that mom did not have to chop everything up. These lovely boxes of build your own tacos are perfect for any occasion. If you’re going to a party, or potluck, and don’t have time to cook, you can always pick up one of these kits. You can read more about my review and what’s in this bad box of wickedness here. You can also visit AskMamaMOE.com and montrealmom.com for more fun Cinco De Mayo ideas.
I love food and flavours. For myself I always opt for the salad in keeping with my paleo lifestyle. My husband almost always gets his regular burrito. Everyone is happy. Now its time for you to get happy and your taste buds too! In order to be eligible to win the #QuesadaCinco Giveaway which is a gift card for a Quesada Home Editions family meal you must:
- Leave a comment on this post and answer the following question. ” What Mexican food makes you and your taste buds happy?”
Make sure to enter you email address correctly as I will be so excited to let you know you’ve won, but I won’t be able too if your email address is incorrect.
- Now that you’ve entered, would you like some extra entries? Why not, right?
- Visit www.quesada.ca and let me know in the comment section of this post what item on their menu would you love to try or have tried.
- Why not go ahead and give @QuesadaBurritos a follow on twitter. They’re Canadian too, let’s chat them up and get to know them better. Once you have followed them, leave your twitter handle here in the comment section.
- Share this with your friends and your community (For 2 more entries, post a link to this giveaway on your blog, favourite community, forum, Facebook group, or any other place where you think people would like to hear about the chance to win! Note: You can do this once per day, but each entry must be a different community.) Remember this is open to Canadian residents only. Let me know in the comments when you share and where you shared.
- Tweet and Retweet using #QuesadaCinco (up to 2 times a day) and of course leave a link to each of your tweets in the comment section of this post.
- If you would like to read any other post on my lovely blog and leave me a comment that counts as an entry too.
- And hey why not follow me on twitter too? @PositivlyPatty 😉
The giveaway ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, May 4, 2015. Winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted via email on Tuesday, May 5, 2015. Please make sure your email address is correctly entered in the comments section, as the winner will be notified via email. Winner must answer a skill-testing question before claiming prize. Open to Canadian residents only.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.