What does this mean? An nomination for a Liebster blog award. We are always taught that its’s the thought that counts and for me this is huge. Carin from Eclectic Soapbox was kind enough to think of me for this award. That’s huge that I was one of ten bloggers she thought of. Thank you Carin! Not only is this my first blog award it’s also helping me get over my writers block. I am so grateful and this came at the perfect time.
What exactly is the Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award.” Carin found other meanings for ” Liebster” which include sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. All very positive things that make me smile.
The rules. If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. I chose bloggers I like a lot and some have more than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
The rules are that you answer the 11 questions asked of you by the Blogger who gave you this award. This can be pretty challenging but I am definitely up it!
Here are Carin’s questions for her nominees.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself? I would say my favourite thing is how I always find a silver lining in my life. It’s not always easy and sometimes it can take years depending on the circumstance but it’s possible.
- Why, why, why do you blog? What a great question. I blog to inspire people to see the positive side of life. To acknowledge that there is negativity but it can be overcome. To share my stories on how I bring the positive to all aspects of my life from marriage and positive parenting to healthy recipes, promoting positive body image along a journey to better health.
- What is your biggest blog challenge and how do you deal with it? I would say my biggest challenge is now I have a full time job so finding the time to blog is hard sometimes. When I started blogging I was working from home. Now I’m a manager for a restaurant. It takes a lot of my time so finding the balance is challenging.
- What is your favourite thing to blog about? I don’t know that I have a favourite thing to blog about. I just write from the heart and it flows. Sometimes I write about my husband and my kids, other times I write about the past and how I grew up. Sometimes I write about food but everything is always brought back to being positive.
- What do you least like to blog about? I think there have been harder topics to cover in my writing but I wouldn’t say they are my least favourite. I learned from lessons in my life and those experiences helped make me who I am. I think having a blog that’s mine gives me the choice to only write things I’m passionate about.
- Which social media platform are you most comfortable with and do you have a tip for using it? I definitely want to say twitter but this past year I have fallen in love with Instagram. Instagram is my jam! A close second though be twitter. I haven’t been engaging as often as I should lately but I am also discovering new platforms like Periscope. My tip would be just to engage as the person you are, be genuine, be you. Share and promote content, be generous. When people like your pictures on Instagram, return the favor and like some of theirs too.
- If you could talk with one person alive or dead, who would it be and what would you discuss? Another great question. I would love to see and talk to my mom again. I don’t really know what we would discuss but there would definitely be tea, laughs, hugs, and lots of love. I think that would be pretty amazing.
- If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and why? I already have a superpower! The power of positivity!
- What book have you always wanted to write? I would love to write a book about my family history. It’s really interesting. The other thing I would love to write one day is a children’s book.
- IOS or Android? I used to be a blackberry girl but switched to IOS. At home I work on a pc laptop but my desktop is an Imac. It was a little confusing in the beginning but now its super manageable. My next goal is a Macbook.
What are you most looking forward to about this bright and shiny new year 2016? I’ve had a very hard Fall personally, so I am looking forward to those things working out. I look forward to getting back to writing more. I feel that when things are too hectic I really miss this small space of the world that’s mine. I am looking forward to broadcasting more on Periscope. I would also like to focus more on working in social media. I definitely want to laugh more this year, and have more fun. I just want to enjoy the present and really live. Have amazing adventures with my husband and children. I also want to read more books! I just want more of everything.
11 Blogs I nominated for the Liebster award ( In no particular order)
My questions for my nominees.
- Four words to describe yourself?
- Who inspires you?
- Link your most favorite post you’ve ever written and tell us why its your favorite.
- What song is stuck in your head at this very moment?
- What motivates you to blog?
- Have you ever had writer’s block and if so what do you do to overcome it?
- If you were to name three goals for your blog to achieve this year, what would they be?
- How long does it usually take you to finish a blog post?
- What is the greatest achievement you have received as a blogger?
- What three novels would you recommend to anyone because you couldn’t put them down?
- My favorite-would you do at this moment, right now, if you knew without a doubt you would not fail?
Have fun ladies! I look forward to seeing all your blog posts!